Espada Y Daga With Stick...With Knife: The Essentials
by W. Hock Hochheim
“Studying martial arts is a hobby for me. An investigation. My real interest is essential, practical, tactical material. All the curtains striped away to see the back wall of the stage. But, I still mess with and work on my hobbies. One topic in my hobbies is Filipino Martial Arts and one aspect of this hobby is Espada Y Daga. When looking at FMA material, I am only interested in the essential aspects of it, from many FMA systems and styles. I have never been happy or satisfied with just one. Thus the “Freelancer” nickname I was given by Ernesto Presas.
“Thus these essentials. What are the universal essentials of Espada y Daga, with stick, with knife, to and from all FMA systems? Since training in many systems in FMA since 1986, I believe I have collected an essential package on this subject. Unlocked it, organized it and even de-mystified it as much as I can.” - HockSee and learn:
- History, definitions and basics overview
- Essential stick-side strikes and blocks
- Essential knife-side strikes and blocks
- Essential, unison stick-side and knife-side strikes and blocks
- Elements of success like elasticity, footwork and athleticism
- Espada y Daga give-and-take exercises and skill drills
- Defeating the Patterns
- Espada y Daga grappling and takedowns
- Espada y Daga freestyle sparring observations
- Classic, 1980s and 1990s Presas Family Espada y Daga drills
Watch the 12 minute Youtube Trailer! Click here
*Download only! Not available in DVD.
*Get the download right now for unlimited virewing
*Get the download and burn one DVD right at your house!
Approx 55 minutes